BoatingABC.com

Awesome fender hanger/adjusters

Posted By: Dave R

Awesome fender hanger/adjusters - 07/30/18 04:58 PM

For years I've tried to find the perfect solution to hang fenders securely from the horizontal bow rail and the vertical bimini frame on my boat. Nothing has ever worked as well and I'd desired until now. These thaings: https://seadogboatingsolutions.com/fender-adjusters.html ROCK! They are also really inexpensive, well-made and the vendor is tremendously responsive and customer-focused. Could not be happier with the 4 of these I installed on my boat.
Posted By: GoFirstClass

Re: Awesome fender hanger/adjusters - 07/30/18 05:25 PM

Dave, Over the years I haven't found a fender hangar that I liked so we've just gotten in the habit of doing a couple of hitches with the fender line, running it around the bow rail. It's easy to put a slip knot in there so undoing them is a cinch. (OK, that was a bad pun)
Posted By: captkevin

Re: Awesome fender hanger/adjusters - 07/30/18 05:42 PM

Might have to give them a try. Thanks for the tip.
Posted By: Dock Holiday

Re: Awesome fender hanger/adjusters - 07/30/18 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by captkevin
Might have to give them a try. Thanks for the tip.

+1
Posted By: Dave R

Re: Awesome fender hanger/adjusters - 07/30/18 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by GoFirstClass
Dave, Over the years I haven't found a fender hangar that I liked so we've just gotten in the habit of doing a couple of hitches with the fender line, running it around the bow rail. It's easy to put a slip knot in there so undoing them is a cinch. (OK, that was a bad pun)

I could do that, but I put out my fenders quite often (we docked 10 times yesterday) and wanted something quick and easy that could be operated one-handed. This is especially important with our upcoming cruise where we expect to lock through 60+ times (where we will likely be deploying fenders on both side of the boat) and will spend at least 10 nights in different transient slips.
© 2022 BoatingABC.com