Your On-Line Port'o'Call

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#573856 - 06/25/20 12:19 PM Re: You check your oil, have you checked your PSA lately? [Re: GoFirstClass]  
Justification Offline
Admiral
Justification  Offline
Admiral

Fruit Heights, Utah
Originally Posted by GoFirstClass
Ahhhh, yes, the old colonoscopy. Loved and enjoyed by everyone who gets the Alaskan Pipeline shoved up there. I'm not sure which is worse--the medicine you take to prep for it or the pipeline they use.

In as much as I can't remember the experience of the pipeline, but have had to drink 6 doses of that medicine while wide awake I can tell you which I dread most. But maybe it's the dread of knowing that once that procedure starts and the drugs shut off all filters you might start to sing Lou Rawls songs, which I can neither confirm nor deny actually happened.

Beer makes you feel the way
You should feel without beer.
#573862 - 06/26/20 09:36 AM Re: You check your oil, have you checked your PSA lately? [Re: GoFirstClass]  
captkevin Offline
Admiral
captkevin  Offline
Admiral

Chicago, IL
So is there a big celebration to mark the end of the treatments?

Also just wanted to say you are a inspiration the way you handled the whole deal with such a positive attitude.

2004 Rinker 232
2010 Dodge Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4x4
#573864 - 06/26/20 01:39 PM Re: You check your oil, have you checked your PSA lately? [Re: GoFirstClass]  
GoFirstClass Offline
Retired Boating Bum
GoFirstClass  Offline
Retired Boating Bum
Grand Poobah

Pasco, WA
Kevin, nope, no celebration. Well, except for a 7=10 day cruise to tke the boat to Seattle to sell.

Thanks for the comment. I owe my positive attitude to a sign that was given to me the day we shaved my head:

"The Devil whispered in my ear
You are not strong enough to survive this storm.

Today I whispered in the Devil's ear,
I AM the storm."

That sign has been framed and is hanging in our living room. When these stupid f*cks in WA ever get with the program of wearing masks and businesses are allowed to open, I'm going to get that last line tattoed on my shoulder in small letters about 1/4" tall.

Last edited by GoFirstClass; 06/26/20 01:41 PM.

"Beachcomber" 1995 Sea Ray 550 Sedan Bridge

Anchor's down......Bottoms Up!
#573865 - 06/26/20 02:08 PM Re: You check your oil, have you checked your PSA lately? [Re: GoFirstClass]  
captkevin Offline
Admiral
captkevin  Offline
Admiral

Chicago, IL
Have been wondering about Beachcomber but didn't want to bring it up & jink things for you.

Been doing some truck shopping & came across the following yesterday & made me think of you & beachcomber right away.

https://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/ga...mage-2beca8465437419ed64b38b47b27d6ce-ai

2004 Rinker 232
#573867 - 06/27/20 11:16 AM Re: You check your oil, have you checked your PSA lately? [Re: GoFirstClass]  
GoFirstClass Offline
Retired Boating Bum
GoFirstClass  Offline
Retired Boating Bum
Grand Poobah

Pasco, WA
Kevin, we're selling the boat not because of the cancer/chemo stuff I'm going through but for a different reason. When we bought Beachcomber 10 years ago we did it with the dream of spending an entire summer in Puget Sound and Canadian waters. My MIL was 94 at the time and we figured she'd have another 3-5 years before she was gone.

So here we are, 10 years later and she's still doing well. She's in a long term care facility but still healthy. She's losing some of her cognitive ability but heck, she could go on for another 3-5 years. Who knows?

We wouldn't take that trip while she's still alive because shure as hell we'd be somewhere where there was no cell signal and something would happen to her and we wouldn't find out for a week or two. Tina would never forgive herself for not being there.

One other thing we've always wanted to do is a motorhome trip across the country. There are so many beautiful areas of the US that we've never seen and we want to do that before I get too darned old to handle a motorhome. I needed to get my CDL to be able to drive the school busses last year. Most of those are in the 40' size so driving a 35' motorhome will be relatively easy.

So now seemed to be the perfect time to change from cruising on water to cruising on land. Tina asked me a few weeks ago if I could really sell Beachcomber. My answer was easy: I love the boat, but I'm not IN LOVE with the boat.

Never in my younger years as a working dude raising a family would I ever have guessed that I'd be lucky enough to be skippering a boat like Beachcomber. That in itself is a dream come true, but it's time to change horses for something different.

We've been looking around (just a tiny bit) for a Class A motorhome in the 33-35 foot range. I don't have a real preference for gas vs diesel, it will depend more on the coach itself. And, being the resident BABC Cheapskate, it will depend on the price. But you guys already knew that, didn't you!

BTW, I liked the ad. Nice choice of boats to use as a backdrop. It's interesting that they would use an older boat with a 90's design rather than the newer boats with the more Euro style. Shows that Ford has good taste.

By way of a PS, we will still have our 13' Whaler to run around in when we want to hit the water.

Last edited by GoFirstClass; 06/27/20 11:54 AM.

#573868 - 06/27/20 12:11 PM Re: You check your oil, have you checked your PSA lately? [Re: GoFirstClass]  
Frantically Relaxing Offline
Admiral
Frantically Relaxing  Offline
Admiral

Get a diesel. If you're ever in the area, you're more than welcome to test drive ours smile

WHY a diesel is in case you'll ever be towing anything, like maybe a 26' boat wink

[Linked Image]

- Or a car... RVing is wonderful, but a driving a 13 ton behemoth around town to check out the sights and do dinner and a movie gets to be a pain in the a$$ pretty quick. So get yourself a front-wheels-up car hauler while you're at it. And since a diesel will tow an Escalade around like it's a rowboat, be sure it's got electric brakes ! thumb

And for what it's worth, our Allegro got over 7mpg towing the Chap, NONE of the 4 gasser motorhomes I've ever driven ever even GOT 7mpg, even towing nothing.
--Diesels hold their value better too..

#573870 - 06/27/20 06:02 PM Re: You check your oil, have you checked your PSA lately? [Re: Frantically Relaxing]  
GoFirstClass Offline
Retired Boating Bum
GoFirstClass  Offline
Retired Boating Bum
Grand Poobah

Pasco, WA
[quote=Frantically Relaxing
- Or a car... RVing is wonderful, but a driving a 13 ton behemoth around town to check out the sights and do dinner and a movie gets to be a pain in the a$$ pretty quick. So get yourself a front-wheels-up car hauler while you're at it. .. [/quote]
FR, why a front wheels up? I've heard so many negative comments about having to use a tow dolly that I'm shying away from them.

#573873 - 06/28/20 06:20 PM Re: You check your oil, have you checked your PSA lately? [Re: GoFirstClass]  
GoFirstClass Offline
Retired Boating Bum
GoFirstClass  Offline
Retired Boating Bum
Grand Poobah

Pasco, WA
Well I gotta say that it feels good to be out of bed. This last chemo treatment has just kicked my butt. Big time. This is the first time I've been out of bed in 3 days. Still no energy but at least I made it to my recliner instead of being flat on my back. It's only 9 days until we head out on the boat to take it to Seattle. I'd better get my strength up in the next couple of days because I don't want to postpone that trip.

#573874 - 06/28/20 07:27 PM Re: You check your oil, have you checked your PSA lately? [Re: GoFirstClass]  
captkevin Offline
Admiral
captkevin  Offline
Admiral

Chicago, IL
Glad to hear you are feeling better.

2004 Rinker 232
#573876 - 06/28/20 09:59 PM Re: You check your oil, have you checked your PSA lately? [Re: GoFirstClass]  
GoFirstClass Offline
Retired Boating Bum
GoFirstClass  Offline
Retired Boating Bum
Grand Poobah

Pasco, WA
Better is a relative term. Better now than this morning but compared to a day when I'm feeling "normal" this really sucks. I'm out of bed but only as far as my recliner.

This too shall pass.

#573882 - 06/29/20 09:12 PM Re: You check your oil, have you checked your PSA lately? [Re: GoFirstClass]  
Frantically Relaxing Offline
Admiral
Frantically Relaxing  Offline
Admiral

Originally Posted by GoFirstClass
[quote=Frantically Relaxing
- Or a car... RVing is wonderful, but a driving a 13 ton behemoth around town to check out the sights and do dinner and a movie gets to be a pain in the a$$ pretty quick. So get yourself a front-wheels-up car hauler while you're at it. ..

FR, why a front wheels up? I've heard so many negative comments about having to use a tow dolly that I'm shying away from them.

Ok, I was about to say that most automatic transmission cars don't like being towed, so towing a front-drive car with a dolly is pretty easy. BUT, I decided to research a bit, and found that these days a whole slew of vehicles are designed to be towed 4-wheels-down, setting them up for towing and braking is pretty straightforward. And indeed, a dolly is yet another something to tow, and store someplace when you're not using it wink

#573884 - 06/29/20 10:01 PM Re: You check your oil, have you checked your PSA lately? [Re: Frantically Relaxing]  
GoFirstClass Offline
Retired Boating Bum
GoFirstClass  Offline
Retired Boating Bum
Grand Poobah

Pasco, WA
Thanks, that was the answer I was hoping to get. Or combination of answers. We will be making a trip to AZ, likely in mid-September. If the boat sells fast enough and we find a decent motorhome, we will be driving that down there. We have my Exploder in the garage in AZ so having a rig to run around in won't be an issue. We're going down there to bring the Whaler back to WA.

#573885 - 06/30/20 02:14 AM Re: You check your oil, have you checked your PSA lately? [Re: GoFirstClass]  
kenhdog Offline
Admiral
kenhdog  Offline
Admiral

Oxnard, CA
GFC!!

WTH?? Life drifts away from the forum for a couple of months and life changes happen??!!

Strength to your continued recovery.

I've been busy with family and High Schoolers, kids schedules, kids sports and work, work, work.

About to send the boy off to college (well actually COVID induced distance learning).

I didnt read the entire thread, but it is time for me to have a checkup.

Be strong, Be well!

2002 Rinker 212 Captiva
Merc 5.7 EFI Alpha
Trail-Rite Trailer
1999 GMC 'Burb
#573886 - 06/30/20 01:20 PM Re: You check your oil, have you checked your PSA lately? [Re: GoFirstClass]  
GoFirstClass Offline
Retired Boating Bum
GoFirstClass  Offline
Retired Boating Bum
Grand Poobah

Pasco, WA
Ken, welcome back. It's nice to see ol' familiar faces (or names) hanging out here. See what y'all miss when you don't show up from time to time.

This has been a f*d up year, not just in our house but all aound the world. Without getting too political, we have "peaceful" protesters tearing down statues and taking over part of cities. We have politicians who need to grow a pair and stop handling these people with kid gloves.

Now I'm going to switch gears before I get too carried away and Mike will kick my butt off here. The forum has gotten pretty quiet this year. There's a few of us old farts still around.. I hope Mike doesn't just decide to pull the plug on BABC. I've suggested in the past that he charge a few bucks for an "upgraded" membership status and use that money to offset some of the costs of maintaining the site but he hasn't been for that.

I belong to one forum that has 3 upgraded membership status levels and you pay accordingly. It isn't exhorbitant for an upgrade and helps to keep the site "well endowed". That site is Club Sea Ray dot com if any of you want to stroll over and take a look at it. I also belong to a free site Trawler Forum dot com. I

Both sites have members from around the world and it's kind of fun to get perspectives from around the world, especially in these interesting times we live iun,

So welcome back Ken. I hope you stick around for many moons.

Mike

#573895 - 06/30/20 10:25 PM Re: You check your oil, have you checked your PSA lately? [Re: GoFirstClass]  
kenhdog Offline
Admiral
kenhdog  Offline
Admiral

Oxnard, CA
Still here.

Besides learning (and contributing when I could) being on the board was psych strategy for me, to keep boating on my brain.

Sure enough the boat has been a garage ornament for a couple of years...

As for 2020, without getting political, yes it has been an dorked up year.

HUGE fires in Australia
Kobe Bryant's Helo Crash
COVID-19

As for the protests, mixed blessing. Boneheads tearing up stuff and convoluting the message, but the positives for me is seeing all the folks and young folks of ALL colors finally getting it, empathizing and listening.

I need to move my old arse over too.

Not looking for sympathy or a handout, just mutual respect.

Give it, get it.

And BTW all cops are NOT bad.

I happen to know a few good ones, including an Ex-cop I'd love to meet one day! wink

All right. All I will say on the subject, except Mask up (not for you, but for us!)

smile

2002 Rinker 212 Captiva
Merc 5.7 EFI Alpha
Trail-Rite Trailer
1999 GMC 'Burb
#573898 - 07/01/20 12:09 PM Re: You check your oil, have you checked your PSA lately? [Re: kenhdog]  
GoFirstClass Offline
Retired Boating Bum
GoFirstClass  Offline
Retired Boating Bum
Grand Poobah

Pasco, WA
Originally Posted by kenhdog
SAs for the protests, mixed blessing. Boneheads tearing up stuff and convoluting the message, but the positives for me is seeing all the folks and young folks of ALL colors finally getting it, empathizing and listening.

I need to move my old arse over too.

Not looking for sympathy or a handout, just mutual respect.

Give it, get it.

And BTW all cops are NOT bad.

I happen to know a few good ones, including an Ex-cop I'd love to meet one day! wink

All right. All I will say on the subject, except Mask up (not for you, but for us!):)

Ken you are spot on with your comments about the protesters. They're destroying the message that the real BLM organizers would like to get out. All these young brats want is a chance to tear stuff up, tear down statues and burn things. I think most adult Americans are getting fed up with these kids trying to destroy our history by tearing down statues that have little or no relevance to slavery. C'mon man, Teddy Roosevelt was the most popular president we've ever had. Why tear down his statue? Same for Christopher Columbus.

Now Ken, get your buns in gear and go meet that ex-cop. And wear your mask.

#573900 - 07/01/20 08:34 PM Re: You check your oil, have you checked your PSA lately? [Re: GoFirstClass]  
kenhdog Offline
Admiral
kenhdog  Offline
Admiral

Oxnard, CA
Like I said ALL colors, not just Slavery ties. Word is old Chris has some Native American blood on his hands....

I am not political nor a Historian, just what my kids have learned in peeling back the onion.

Apparently he named the Native Americans "Indians", 'cause he thought he was in or landed in the West Indies or Indonesia...

My kids cringe everytime I say "Indians" (Now I do it just to muck with them....)

I just want a good holiday to drink beer.

All I got!

Last edited by kenhdog; 07/01/20 11:56 PM.

2002 Rinker 212 Captiva
Merc 5.7 EFI Alpha
Trail-Rite Trailer
1999 GMC 'Burb
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Admin 

Sponsors
New Topics
Want to go for a boat ride?
by GoFirstClass. 07/06/20 04:17 PM
Uninvited Guests
by Dock Holiday. 07/06/20 12:31 PM
Boats Sales In 2020
by Dock Holiday. 07/04/20 04:14 PM
This guy just conviced me to spray---
by Frantically Relaxing. 07/03/20 07:04 PM
RVingABC
by Jack T. 06/29/20 04:27 PM
Expensive day at the lake for someone.
by captkevin. 06/23/20 08:59 AM
Knocking in the outdrive
by WaterWing. 06/16/20 10:28 PM
Tohatsu M40D2 3000 RPM Max
by BCassity. 06/12/20 03:34 PM
Extending Trailer Tongue
by Silverbullet. 06/12/20 02:04 PM
Looking at driveable street rods
by Frantically Relaxing. 06/10/20 01:03 AM
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 52 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
FourCs, BlackEyedEd, Two2Fly, RPalmer, BCassity
5524 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums23
Topics37,378
Posts565,225
Members5,525
Most Online252
Aug 5th, 2017