Your On-Line Port'o'Call

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
#569114 - 09/11/17 10:21 PM It seems like forever........  
GoFirstClass Offline
Retired Boating Bum
GoFirstClass  Offline
Retired Boating Bum
Grand Poobah

Pasco, WA
It seems like forever since I've been on here and posted stuff about where we've gone boating, what we've been up to, etc. I thought I'd just start a short thread and post a few pics of what's been happenin this past year.

We ended last year with the Christmas Lighted Boat Parade. Participants are allowed to pick any theme they want. We've done Breast Cancer Awareness, The Grinch, regular Christmas stuff, so this year I decided to build a Seahawk for the side of the boat. It's made of pegboard sheets, 400' of LED rope lighting and 600+ zip ties and ended up being 20' long, 4' tall and 6' tall in the center section. I put it all together in the garage then hauled it to the boat on a car trailer.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Our marina completely froze over in February but I missed all the fun....I was in AZ. My mechanic put my Kasco De-Icer pump in for me and in short order my slip was totally free of ice.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

We had a few boating trips over the summer but nothing spectacular so no photos of those. We enjoyed our annual Water Follies Hydroplane races again. Our club does an annual cruise on the river for the pilots of the air show. This year we had an F22 Raptor as part of the airshow and had their Demo team on board. I talked with them and talked them into a tour of the F22 for the grandkids. Well, OK, it was really for me but the grandkids provided a nice excuse. We went to the airport and got a personal tour of the planes by the pilot of one of them. After that we were entertained in the pits for the hydro races. What a great weekend for all.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The couple across the street sponsored one of the hydros that raced this year so they provided us with pit passes. I was able to get into a restricted area by borrowing an ID from one of the team and got some great pics. The photo of people standing on top of the team's truck is where we were able to watch from.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

One last thing to post--our club holds an annual "Pizza Pigout" party. The name comes from the fact that one member of the club owns a Round Table Pizza franchise. They take orders from everyone and deliver the pizzas to the boats. This year there were somewhere between 45-50 boats involved, a live band, a ton of pizzas and, needless to say a good time was had by all.
[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX-y6br8qTE[/video]

Well that's the majority of what our year has been so far. We have a couple more cruises coming up so I may have some pics to post of those. All things considered it's been a helluva fun summer. The grandkids got some helm time on the Whaler, the oldest one (7 years old) got an hour or so of helm time on Beachcomber and everyone survived the summer.

Thanks for reading, looking at the pics and watching the video.

"Beachcomber" 1995 Sea Ray 550 Sedan Bridge

Anchor's down......Bottoms Up!
#569120 - 09/12/17 09:07 AM Re: It seems like forever........ [Re: GoFirstClass]  
Jack T Offline
Admiral
Jack T  Offline
Admiral

Southern California
Nice report. Thanks.

Have a great day of boating
2012 Monterey 224 FS,
300 HP Volvo Penta with catalytic converters

#569126 - 09/12/17 09:48 AM Re: It seems like forever........ [Re: GoFirstClass]  
captkevin Online content
Admiral
captkevin  Online Content
Admiral

Chicago, IL
Busy year. Nice pictures.

2004 Rinker 232
2010 Dodge Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4x4

Moderated by  Admin 

Sponsors
New Topics
New Company (Organic Dog Shampoo)
by Bowline. 11/21/17 01:22 PM
2 Diaries
by Jack T. 11/14/17 07:44 PM
Had a hacker try to install ransomware
by Frantically Relaxing. 11/11/17 07:12 PM
I guess it's time...
by Just Bob. 11/09/17 02:34 PM
Most recommended tire
by jetjack. 11/08/17 06:13 PM
Ship runs aground
by captkevin. 11/08/17 01:00 PM
Volvo Alarm
by Boatbottom. 11/03/17 12:25 PM
Massive Kidde Fire Extinguisher Recall
by GoFirstClass. 11/02/17 07:38 PM
Tire dilemma for truck.
by Silverbullet. 10/31/17 12:57 PM
Volvo penta 5.0 tstat o ring lost
by wijeff. 10/29/17 08:27 PM
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (captkevin), 51 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Lumpkins, shabubu22, cowboysfan, Adirondackboater, Lemar14
5428 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums23
Topics37,062
Posts561,040
Members5,428
Most Online252
Aug 5th, 2017