Your On-Line Port'o'Call

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Boating
Jump to new posts Re: Who needs a trailer when you have a truck? by Parrott_head @ Yesterday at 09:25 PM

My mother drove a Escape THROUGH a double course six foot brick wall. Stopped about six feet beyond the wall line. The wrecker driver moved some of the larger pieces out of the way and reset the fuel pump on the Ford. He asked that everyone move
Maintenance & Repair
Jump to new posts Re: Carb issue... Please help! by kenhdog @ Yesterday at 08:16 PM

There's and old saying: "90% of all carb problems are electrical (ie ignition) related....." I would go after the carb last. It just doesn't jump out of adjustment....
Maintenance & Repair
Jump to new posts Re: Swim Platform Repair by Jack T @ 06/24/17 04:19 PM

Good job! How well do you think the excess West Systems epoxy will be to sand? Would be interested in knowing.
Boating Lifestyle
Jump to new posts Re: June Week by captkevin @ 06/24/17 03:43 PM

Great pics
Truly Miscellaneous
Jump to new posts Re: Is Retirement in my near future? by captkevin @ 06/23/17 04:27 PM

Justification - can't agree more on any $$$ spent on the water are 100% worth it.
General Boating
Jump to new posts Re: SeaRay boats in trouble ?? by captkevin @ 06/23/17 03:42 PM

Only took a little over 2 years. Be interesting to see how it all plays out in the end.
Boat Improvements
"it has a DC adaptor...which MUST be connected to an A/C outlet. That's deceiving." Two factors here--voltage and AC or DC, and different combinations. At what voltage does the light string operate? One more question. Adapter = 120 VA
General Boating
Jump to new posts Re: A new use for your bow eye..... by PhatboyC @ 06/23/17 11:35 AM

Originally Posted By: SilverbulletI loop through the bow eye and tie the loop to a cleat. Extra rode remains in the anchor locker and untying is easy. Works for a bowrider that is easy to reach. I do this on my cuddy too. When I lay flat on my s
General Boating
Jump to new posts Re: I learned something new about trim tabs by PhatboyC @ 06/23/17 11:10 AM

Originally Posted By: Dave RRelative to the tabs: they are indeed cross-wired and if the switches are on a vertical surface, seemingly upside down as well. The left switch up makes the right tab go down, the left switch down makes the right tab go up
Boat Improvements
Blue sea has a GREAT alternative to a old school switch .. Allows you to charge both automatically without switching... You can use both to start in a emergency ! IT'S ABETTER WAY ! https://www.bluesea.com/products/7649/Mini_Add-A-Battery_Kit_-_65A
Truly Miscellaneous
Jump to new posts Re: Boy, did we ever screw up. by GoFirstClass @ 06/22/17 07:28 PM

They can have your "bake it outside" temps. Not for this guy.
Maintenance & Repair
Jump to new posts Re: Alternator question Volvo 4.3fi by Frantically Relaxing @ 06/22/17 03:23 PM

IF you have more than one battery AND a battery isolator or combiner, it could be bad-- had that problem with the Chap..
General Boating
Jump to new posts Re: Rough Spring Startup by captkevin @ 06/22/17 09:54 AM

Guess it was a good thing you had it checked out.
Maintenance & Repair
Jump to new posts Re: Tach died and depth gauge acting odd. Ideas? by Jack T @ 06/21/17 03:04 PM

I'll second the grounds because the problem was/is intermittent and then permanent on the tachometer. Multiple symptoms from one fault? The other option, but less likely to hit two devices is that somehow high something, voltage spike, ambient temp
Member Exchange
Jump to new posts Re: We have decided to move up again... by captkevin @ 06/20/17 10:18 PM

Glad it all worked out
Float Plans and the Waters we Boat On
Jump to new posts Re: "Golden Triangle" cruise Summer 2017 by jtheile @ 06/20/17 04:40 PM

The water levels of the great lakes are high now. Lake Erie is 20" above the June average and 7" under the record high and Lake Ontario is 32" above average. I have friends that can't use their boat until the water drops about 18&quo
Home Improvements/Remodeling
Jump to new posts Re: Help me design my dream garage by On Holiday @ 06/20/17 08:53 AM

Design your garage to be divisible by common material sizes. For instances make the roof slope and length so you are either using full size or half size sheets of plywood for sheathing in order to minimize waste. I like the heated slab idea as it w
General Boating
Jump to new posts Re: How to say "No". by On Holiday @ 06/20/17 07:45 AM

It is better to be on the ground (or land) wishing you were in the air (or water) than in the air (or water) wishing you were on the ground (or land).
Trailering and Towing
Jump to new posts Re: Trailer Dolly - Have You Ever Used One? by Frantically Relaxing @ 06/19/17 03:02 PM

Buying a dolly means something else to find room for-- just get one these installed, you'll be glad you did! [video]https://images.etrailer.com/static/image...erra-31322.webm[/video] --I'm getting one so I can start pushing the houseboat trail
Sponsors
New Topics
Carb issue... Please help!
by Husker88
Yesterday at 01:07 AM
Who needs a trailer when you have a truck?
by PhatboyC
06/23/17 11:17 AM
Tach died and depth gauge acting odd. Ideas?
by Senoj
06/21/17 07:59 AM
LED lighting inside my ski/fish bowrider... Help!
by Husker88
06/20/17 11:56 PM
Boy, did we ever screw up.
by GoFirstClass
06/17/17 01:17 PM
Marine battery what's the worst and best whats your opinion
by wijeff
06/15/17 12:21 AM
How to say "No".
by GoFirstClass
06/14/17 05:57 PM
Alternator question Volvo 4.3fi
by jec6
06/13/17 05:02 PM
Back in Again
by Capn Morgan
06/13/17 11:48 AM
Nice little yacht
by jtheile
06/12/17 10:36 PM

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 93 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kellen, BStaff, Husker88, 97WellcraftEclipse, 06200
5409 Registered Users
Forum Stats
5409 Members
23 Forums
36972 Topics
559659 Posts

Max Online: 188 @ 09/17/13 04:07 AM