Your On-Line Port'o'Call

08/05/17 12:31 PM Long Overdue Software Upgrade Posted By Admin

Hello All,

This morning I have updated the forum software to the latest version. So far, it seems like all went well and everything is working properly.

Some things will look a little different. Sometimes they will look a LOT different; such as the "Active Threads" pages (Formerly "Active Topics").

If anyone runs into a problem, please let me know.

Hope you all are doing well!

Mike

261 Views · 0 Comments
03/20/16 08:37 PM Move to a new Web Server Posted By Admin

Here's to hoping that nothing blew up too badly.

I'll keep a watch on things to see what happens.

M

3,182 Views · 3 Comments
12/31/13 10:18 AM Server Move and Software Update Posted By Admin

Greetings and Happy New Year!

This morning when I entered my computer room I found that ever elusive Round-to-it.

With that firmly in hand I got to long overdue work.

So now we live in a new home and have an upgraded forums software. This will hopefully fix some issues. Now you should not have the dreaded blank posting problem any longer.

I'm going to live dangerously and open the forums while I finish some things. Right now, the photo gallery is still to be moved and fixed. I am hopeful that it will again function as it should. I know it's been totally broke for a while now. Sorry about that.

As the Classifieds were not really getting used at all, I am removing them completely. I'll create a "Member's Exchange" forum for those who what to unload their stuff.

Let me know if you run into any problems with this new installation. I cannot promise that you will not still have login issues when using Microsquish Internet Exploder. crazy

5,357 Views · 1 Comments
01/24/11 10:50 AM Server Move Complete Posted By Admin

The move to a new home is complete. Unless I messed anything up more than usual, all should be working.

If anyone has login issues, let me know by sending an e-mail to board_admin at boatingabc dot com.

Still to come are some upgrades to the forums and photo gallery software. That likely will come next weekend.

16,227 Views · 13 Comments
10/13/08 01:37 PM Updated Forums Software Posted By Admin

Folks,

Not every update warrants a notice, but this latest update has a couple minor feature enhancements and bug fixes that you might be interested in.

First up is the Private Message Feature.

There was a bug where no notice was given when an intended recipient's PM limit was reached. That user would quietly be dropped from the recipient listing leaving the sender only able to guess as to why that person was no longer listed as being part of the Private Topic.

The behavior has been change. When you add a recipient to your new Private Message, the board will check to see if that user's PM limit has been reached. If it has, you will get an error message saying so and you will not be able to add that user to the recipient list.

That way, you are not left to wonder if a user is ignoring you or removed him/herself from the topic when you weren't looking. wink

Private Message/Topics part 2:

The Page Jumper links have been added to the bottom of Private Messages/Topics that become multiple pages long. So now you no longer have to scroll to the top of the page to get to these links. thumb

Changing your E-Mail Address In Your Profile

When a user changes their email in their profile a verification email will be sent to the new address. The account email will not be changed until the user clicks on the verification email.

Display of Images

There is now a feature that allows a limit for the maximum width for images using the [img] tag. This uses browser scaling, as a quick way to keep large sized images from distorting the layout. You can still upload an image that is over wide, but it should no longer stretch the layout to the point of being very difficult to deal with. This is currently set to 800 pixels and may be too wide for some.

This was mostly a bug fix release, but I thought most would like to know about some of the new features. wink

15,647 Views · 7 Comments
Sponsors
New Topics
Are Russian Drivers REALLY That Bad?
by GoFirstClass. 10/21/17 06:49 PM
Ya gotta love it when a plan works
by GoFirstClass. 10/19/17 10:32 PM
End of Season Stats
by Justification. 10/17/17 10:09 AM
Hunting 2017
by Silverbullet. 10/10/17 12:55 PM
Interesting Tow Vehicle
by Dock Holiday. 10/09/17 11:52 PM
Winter Storage, Batteries, and Electric Engine Hatch
by Dock Holiday. 10/08/17 06:49 PM
Winter Storage - She Fits!
by Dock Holiday. 10/07/17 05:22 PM
Rebadge...
by Wet Doggg. 10/05/17 12:23 PM
Most interesting lunch break ever.
by Dave R. 09/29/17 03:14 PM
Pray For Puerto Rico
by Just Bob. 09/28/17 09:33 AM
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 68 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Adirondackboater, Lemar14, Windig89, GaryDoug, Rosco_P_Coletrane
5425 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums23
Topics37,046
Posts560,826
Members5,425
Most Online252
Aug 5th, 2017